In light of the recently concluded “Convenant voor de doorstart voor biosimilaire geneesmiddelen in België/Convention sur la relance des médicaments biosimilaires en Belgique”, the conference focuses on how physicians and hospital management can practically start implementing biosimilars in Belgian hospitals.
Conference chair: Prof. Dr. René Westhovens
Professor in Rheumatology at UZ KU Leuven, President of the Royal Belgian Society of Rheumatology (KBVR-SRBR)
With Minister Dr. Maggie De Block, Federal Minister for Social Affairs and Public Health
- Dr. Paul Cornes, MD, Comparative Outcomes Group, Bristol (UK)
- Prof. Dr. Geert D’Haens, PhD, Professor of Gastroenterology at Academic Medical Center (AMC) - Head of the IBD Unit, Amsterdam (NL)
- Prof. Dr. Jacques De Grève, Chairman of the Belgian Society of Medical Oncology (BSMO), Head of Medical Oncology of Oncologisch Centrum and Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Oncology at UZ Brussel - VUB
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Flamion, Professor of Physiology and Pharmacology at University of Namur
- Mr. Jo Swartenbroekx, Pharm., Head of Pharmacy UZA
- Prof. Dr. Arnold Vulto, PhD PharmD FCP, Professor of Hospital Pharmacy & Practical Therapeutics at Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam (NL)
- Mr. Brieuc Van Damme, Deputy Director of Cabinet of Federal Minister for Social Affairs and Public Health
- Mr. Benito Boone, Attorney at Apollegis
Moderator • Mr. Alex Puissant, Journalist & Independent conference moderator
Date • 15 April 2016 – from 13:00-18:15 (followed by a cocktail reception)
Venue • Promotiezaal KU Leuven, Naamsestraat 22, 3000 Leuven
A shuttle service will be organised from Parking Philipssite to the conference venue.
The detailed conference programme is available here.
Looking forward to welcoming you on 15 April 2016.
It is currently being examined if accreditation can be obtained for this conference.